Sunday, February 23, 2014

Home Inspection

Sorry I haven't updated before now, the week has been long and busy as Rob and I continued to dot the i's and cross the t's with all the information we needed to complete for the house sale.
First though, we did actually go out socially for the first time in a long time last Saturday. Rachael's birthday and mine are just 8 days apart, and although we didn't have any plans initially we decided to to go out for a meal with friends from the camera club. Instead of Wharf Wraps we tried Boon Docks just down the road. Having never eaten there before we weren't sure what to expect, but I have to say the fish was very nice as was the cheesecake...It's been a long time since I enjoyed some sweet desert! Talking calories I am down another 2lbs...Not much I know, could be better but at least it wasn't a gain.

Wednesday was our Home Inspection on the house, I hadn't planned on going along but in the end I decided to as it would be the last time I got to see it before we exchange in May. Our home inspector was excellent I must say, very thorough and spent 2.5 hrs poking around in every nook and cranny. At the end of it he didn't find anything major wrong, some minor things that we had already addressed in our initial offer which the owners are going to fix and just a couple of other things that we didn't already know about. The first being some moisture/water in the crawl space underneath the extension. Even though the work on the extension was tip top, with gravel laid in the this portion of the crawl space there was still water sitting there. He suggested that a sump pump be installed in that part to prevent it from lying around in there. The rest of the crawl space was fine with no issues. The other thing he found was a reverse polarity in the electrics which needs to be fixed. So after that was all done we then put in an amendment to our offer asking that these two issues be addressed and the owners have agreed to install the sump pump and fix the electric issue.
The status of the property has now officially changed from Condition/Pending to Sold. Our final walk through will be on the closing day which is May 1st and then we will start moving in. We shall be giving notice this week on our rental. I must say I will miss this old place when we leave it. It has after all been our home for 3 years (4 years by the time we move out). I will miss the deer and our neighbours and I am pretty sure the cats will miss not having stairs to run up and down! I on the other hand will not miss the stairs one bit!

Winter is still rumbling on here, I thought...nay hoped we were over the worst of it but yet more snow is predicted tonight and through the week. The sun is shining but it is terribly cold. Every week I will it to be over, this has been the worst winter in years here, and I believe the same it true of the UK. There isn't really much to choose between them, snow or rain...both crap! But at least we don't have the flooding.

One more thing...If you haven't heard me bang on enough about the vocal band Home Free...Here I go again! I downloaded their Album 'Crazy Life' from iTunes and I haven't stopped playing it since. Really, if you haven't checked out this album yet, you really should. You won't be disappointed!

1 comments:

Unknown on May 14, 2015 at 3:04 PM said...

Yeah, that is probably the best feeling ever: being able to hire good inspectors, and watch them do their magic. It's not every day that you get a home inspector who is that dedicated and willing to spot every nook and cranny of your potential new home. Cheers!

Steve Beliveau @ Firstclass Building Inspections

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template