Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labour Day Weekend...Hooray!

First off before I tell you what I have been up to, I have to congratulate my UK blog follower Robert. If you have been following the message board here you will know that he is the font of all knowledge when it comes to Nova Scotia and follows the NS web cams all the time. Well on Friday morning at around 7.30 am on Kool FM they were talking about the the web cams and people following them and Robert was mentioned...Famous before he even settles here!

Due to an excess of hours I took Friday off to make this weekend even longer as it is Labour Day weekend, and once again all week the weather has been fabulous. I gave Cheryl a call to see if she wanted to go somewhere on Friday as I was determined not to waste the day. In turn she called Deb and the three of us ended up heading to Ross Farm. This is the place we went to a few weeks ago now but the weather let us down, but not this time, it was super sunny and super hot!

We had a great time there pottering about and taking zillions of photos. The thing I love about Ross Farm more than anything is the cats. There are always kittens and farm cats around, but this time I was smitten with one in particular. A gorgeous white cat possibly about 8 months old, so friendly. Apparently he just wandered in one day as a stray and has stayed. I spent the whole of Saturday trying to persuade Rob we should have him. The farm said we can have him if we want him...once again it comes down to cost, but I just cannot stop thinking about him.

Having said goodbye to 'Shakespeare' (the new name for my would-be cat) we headed off to Lunenburg for lunch and then onto Stonehurst as neither Deb or Cheryl had been there before and I knew the way...That never happens in my world as I have no sense of direction.

It was a great day and I think I ended up getting home about 7.30pm int he end. Rob had Saturday off and after a late start on my part as I was knackered from yesterday we drove down to the Seaport Farmers Market to have a look around, we hadn't been before, nice environment, but personally I thought everything was way to pricey.

We walked along the harbour walk to see what was going on and caught a glimpse of the big event on right now which is the Junior Beach Volleyball Championships. The city have built 4 sand volleyball courts especially for the event, a pretty impressive set up and it was sold out Saturday, plenty of atmosphere for sure. All along the harbour front there are great places to sit and eat and everyone was either out sailing or enjoying the good weather, it had such a nice vibe today.

If I could describe to you Nova Scotia right now, it would be, hot, sunny, laid back with the smell of hot dogs and coffee in the air with the sound of crickets at evening...which I love listening to.

I have no clue what I will be doing for the rest of the long weekend. Mostly catching up at home tomorrow while Rob is working at UHaul, but if the weather is still nice on Monday no doubt we shall go somewhere.


How could you not fall in love with him!!


Prtty and Picturesque Ross Farm


The Old Barn and One of the Houses


Yes, It's my cat again!


A moment of sillyness...I had the giggles so bad!
Left to Right Deb, Me, Cheryl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template