Sunday, April 18, 2010

There’s more to Canada than Toronto

During the 1993 trip dad and I had visited other friends in Vancouver, yet another beautiful city with some amazing surrounding scenery. In between other foreign trips Robert and I returned to Canada, visiting Toronto and Niagara again as well as Ottawa, Québec and the 1000 Islands, all of which were fantastic. We experienced white water rafting in the Ottawa Valley…Scary Oh yes!


Just in case you are wondering, this is not us! My video is still sadly on video tape!

The idea of living over there was again at the forefront of my mind and really took off when in 2005 we visited Nova Scotia for the first time. We traveled extensively around Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI. I had never felt more depressed leaving a place than when returning home from that trip. I felt that I had found my Nirvana; We fell in love with the people and the Maritimes, but especially Nova Scotia.

That was it, Rob and I were now of the mind that we were going to try and make the dream a reality. We both loved what we saw and the way of life.

Returning in 2006 we took a bunch of CV’s with us and handed them in to job agencies all over Halifax in the vain hope some nice employer would sponsor us to work for them…. Quite clearly we were clueless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template