Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Knew It Wouldn't Last!

My blog entry last weekend definitely jinxed the weather. It went from mild to cold on Thursday and we had some flurries Friday! However the flakes barely touched the ground before disappearing in the city. In other parts however, they had little more that settled before melting on Saturday afternoon.

It's been a mentally draining kind of a week, my energy levels are pretty low and I am sure that the beginnings of Winter have something to do with that.

I am no longer a dental virgin when it comes to fillings, I had my first two this week on Tuesday. I headed off to the dentist with dread and a headache like you wouldn't believe. Having got there they were running late which didn't help my nerves any. Once in the chair Dr Sharma talked me through the freezing process and injected the back of my lower left jaw first, as she did so she told me not to move, MY GOD, a pain like the worst electric shock ever hit me like a ton of bricks and I DID MOVE at which point the whole left side of my bottom lip when instantly numb. Remember that headache...I didn't have it anymore, the other pain cancelled it out in a split second. Then she injected the top set, and off she went drilling, scraping and lord knows what!...I blissfully, didn't feel a thing.

When it was all done, and she removed all the tools of torture from my mouth, I tried speaking and it was not pretty...I sounded like Jeff Bridges on Crack! One lip seemed to be going one way and the other in the opposite direction. My left side of my tongue felt like something dead you would buy from the butcher. I think her exact words were "you look fine, well maybe a little droopy". I settled up at the the front desk after yet more weird mouth movements and then used the toilet, when I looked in the mirror I could see what she meant by droopy!

Having driven home, my headache was back. As soon as I got in I grabbed some water and a tablet, I tried to carefully drink the water on the right side of my mouth and just as soon as it was in there, it flew straight out of the left side...Even I had to laugh at that. I then heated up some soup, that I thought went well, slurping and going to the end of the bowl, of course I didn't realise that most of was on my face!

You will be pleased to know that the feeling came back about 4 hours later...Phew! I opted for white fillings and I kid you not, you cannot see them at all, they are so invisible I still haven't found one of them. My teeth look better than ever :o)

Rob has been working really hard all week, now the colder weather is here his hours seem to be longer and longer, most of the time he gets back later in the evening and from now until Christmas he is working Saturdays as well. I think he is nearing his next exam in oil, which fingers crossed he will pass...No date as yet, but will keep you posted.

Nancy and I headed out on Saturday, it was chilly but beautifully sunny. We found some pretty scenes along the way. We headed up to Mount Uniake and then on to Smileys Provincial Park and finally into Wolfville for a bite to eat and to pop into one of our favourite gift shops there.

Nr Lakelands, Mount Uniake (Taken yesterday morning)

The Farley Inlet - Stonehurst (Taken a couple of weeks ago)


Post a Comment


AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template