Sunday, November 13, 2011

Summer in November...It Won't Last!

So what's been happening this week...Well, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous, Monday to Thursday it was like summer in November, I kid you not it has been t-shirt weather all week...Until Friday. Friday was a Bank Holiday as it was Remembrance Day. As with any Bank Holiday in the UK, the weather took a turn for the worse and we encountered the tail end of a hurricane. The wind and rain was pretty much non-stop all day, what leaves there were left on the trees now seem to be mostly in our back yard!!! The good news was as soon as it came it went again and we were back to sun again on Saturday and Today.

Saturday morning Rob and I went to meet up with my newest friend Lucia. I met Lucia at Gatwick Airport when I was returning from holiday. She is originally from Slovenia and lives with her English partner Simon over here in Halifax now. We hit it off straight away and as I had a 5 hour delay returning home we had plenty of time to chat and get to know each other. She totally gets me and understands some of the frustrations when it comes to adapting over here, especially with regards the job market. She works for an expanding firm and it constantly keeping an ear out for me which is nice. We met up at the Farmers Market (which is huge and not the best place to meet anyone), it was great to catch up and she got to meet Rob, hopefully her and Simon will be popping round at some point in the near future.

Today I decided ankles or no...I couldn't miss the sunshine, so Cheryl, myself and Deb headed off to Peggy's Cove early this morning. What a beautiful day, so warm, no wind, and so peaceful. If you don't believe me check out the images below.

Some of you may be wondering about the ankles. They are still the same and I am still awaiting a phone call for an appointment. I have started trying to shift a bit of weight, not so much of a diet full on, but cutting out all the crap I have been eating of late and moving more into the soups & healthier foods. No more Tim's for a while at least!!

Finally, I must comment on Big Brother...Let's face it, it wouldn't be me if I didn't...

So Aaron won, He was my winner pretty much from week two, and I am thrilled he won, finally a winner to be proud of, intelligent, some might say crafty and a game player, I say well done, you fooled them all and played the game well. He entertained me throughout the whole show and I was disgusted that he was booed upon leaving the house as the winner. Not fair, he won, and he should be celebrated. Sorry Sarah, I know you were routing for Alex, but honestly Aaron was more entertaining.

Anyway I have enclosed a little video of an Aaron interview recorded after he managed to escape the booing masses and the dreadful Brian Dowling interview.


A Gorgeous Sunny Sunday at Peggy's


Morning Stillness on Route to Peggy's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template