Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Long Week

As the days are getting shorter, getting up in the mornings is definitely getting harder and harder.
Monday slipped by without incident, but Tuesday I woke up and couldn't balance at all. I was staggering around all over the place. Still determined to make it into work, I showered and dressed, but knew that there was no way I could drive, so reluctantly I phoned in and said that I was staying put. I phoned the nurse helpline to see if they might have any clue as to what was wrong, but after a ton of questions her only advise was to get to the doctor. I made an appointment for 3 pm and spent the day sat on the couch as I didn't want to lie down.

I felt a little better by 3 pm, so I drove to the docs. She checked me over, heart BP and my ears.
They think I had some sort of virus that caused the dizziness, but upon looking in my ears, my left one is completely blocked and she thought this might not be helping matters, so I have to get it syringed next week which will be nice...NOT!

On Friday Shakespeare went for the op! Rob dropped him off early in the morning and I picked him up after work with the help of Anne, who came with me as I couldn't remember how to get to the vet...Yes my sense of direction is no better since moving here.

I think it's fair to say that the girls at the practice had fallen in love with my little fella, he had been very spoiled and fussed all day. He managed to figure out how to unlock the kennel and escaped 4 times. They said they hadn't known a cat to be so unaffected by the op, it was like nothing had happened. They gave him a little bandanna to wear too....Slightly odd, pretty sure that Vets in the UK don't have this as an added extra :o) But he did look pretty darn cute in it.

*Top tip if you are moving over here with pets and need to seek out a vet. Try and get one outside of the city as you get more service for your money and generally they are a bit cheaper than in the city*

After he was back home he was like a cat possessed, he wouldn't stop running around. If possible he was more lively than normal. Anne stayed till about 9 ish and we watched the documentary 'You Been Trumped'. I hope at least some of you watched this in the UK last week. It was about Donald Trump and the land deal that he made in Scotland to build a golf course with no regard for the land or the people living there. I didn't much like the man anyway but this documentary incensed me.

Saturday Anne and I went out fairly early (for us) to take a few shots around Prospect and Terence Bay. The weather was so beautiful, warm and sunny...Just the way I like it. Shakespeare must have worn himself out because all day Saturday he was very calm and sleepy which was a blessed relief!

You will be pleased to hear the deer are back in town, I caught sight of them this week as I drove home from work one day, I saw about 10 of them grazing near the off ramp that leads down to our estate. I was thrilled to see them as they have been conspicuous by their absence all Spring and Summer.

Finally Birthday wishes go out this week to my friend Sylvie. I hope you had a wonderful day!!

Betweeen a Roack and a Hard Place at Lower Prospect


A Stunning view taken along the Road to Terence Bay
yesterday - Click to view Large

Another Autumnal shot from Shubie Park

Shakespeare recovering yesterday in his new bandanna




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template