Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cowboys and Hot Dogs

What is it about a 4 day week after a bank holiday? It's only 4 days but it seems like 6!
They should feel shorter but it always feels the complete opposite!

I finally got to catch up this week with my ex work colleague and Newfie buddy Sarah. She came round for dinner and few beers on Friday night, it was great seeing her and there was much hilarity as I introduced her to Pater Kay...Mind you I think his accent and expressions posed a few issues along the way which made it even more funny. Over dinner Rob and I tried to give her examples of regional accents (badly) from each part of the UK, she now gets the fact I don't sound like someone from Coronation Street. Talking telly, I have introduced a few of my friends now to some English entertainers and programmes they will likely never see over here. Anne loves 'Miranda', as do I...Such fun! Sarah is now officially a Peter Kay fan and Cheryl loves 'Life's too Short' with Warren Davies, Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant. I do think Canada is getting better at showing Brit TV, but it has a long way to go, especially when you consider the most known programmes are Coronation Street, Are you being Served (yes really) and every now and again someone always mentions 'Keeping up Appearences'! When we first got here Corrie was months and months behind, but I think due to popular demand they started upping the episodes per week to catch up and are now only a couple of weeks adrift.

Saturday Morning I went to Hatfield Farm on a Photo Club Field Trip. It was a good turn out of the familiar faces, Anne, Nancy, Smiffy, Deb to mention a few. In all there around 20 of us. Having not been there before I didn't know what to expect, it's a very pretty place, we paid to hop on the wagons and visit the other part of the farm called Fort Clayton, which is done up with cabins and shacks that have a touch of the wild west about them, the ticket includes a hot dog lunch...As many as you can eat and refreshments...I managed a total of 3.75 hot dogs before I was beaten!

I was quite enamored with one of the cowboys driving the wagons, it was the whole image, the hat, jacket and jeans thing he had going on I think...lol...Of course this was a source of entertainment for those that know me. Deb's Hubby insisted on embarrassing me at the end of the ride back into having a photo taken with him...I have yet to see that shot, but I am pretty sure it will be totally cringy! Oh and in case you are wondering where Robert was, he couldn't make this outing as he had to work sadly but I did share my cowboy tale with him.

After spending the morning on the farm it was back home to finally clear some of the sodding leaves out of the back yard and the alley way behind the house...There were so many of them. Trouble is where we are, we have so many trees behind the house, they all blow into the yard...Not anyone else's in our row, just ours as the wind whips around the corner and ours if the first port of call for them being as we are the end house. It took a while, we also brought in our lights ready for the Winter. It was a cool and sunny 6 degrees on Saturday, and with all that fresh air and hard labour in the back yard, I promptly fell asleep on the couch in the afternoon for a well earned nap.

Picture Postcard Perfect - Hatfield Farm

Wagons Roll Cowboy

Fort Clayton - Hatfield Farm


Porch View at Fort Clayton









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template