Sunday, March 6, 2011

Could it be Spring?



Could it be that Spring might finally be on the way? I don't want to count my chickens too soon, but this weekend has been very mild. Of course there is still snow and ice on the ground, but if these temperatures continue we might just see the last of it sooner rather than later.

It's funny when I left the UK I thought about all the things I was going to miss, and oddly Spring didn't even feature on the list, but I do really miss not seeing snowbells and crocuses pop their heads up, I will definitely miss daffodils. I am sure most of you have already had daffs blooming by now. Here there is nothing in flower, just hibernating trees and rather yellow looking grass poking through the snow.

Moving on from my melancholy moment, just a quick update on the TV I have been watching. I have got hooked on yet another series called Weeds. This is another programme I missed out on in the UK (I think it was on Sky). Cracking stuff, very funny and well worth a look if you haven't seen it. A new season of Dancing with the Stars is about to start over here as well as Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump, so that's to look forward to. I am also following the new series of Survivor which is so good! Needless to say I am still watching The English soaps, Dancing on Ice and Benidorm...Which I think has now lost its shine!

So to this weeks events. Camera Club in Wednesday night, not so many in attendance this week which was a shame. Caught up with Nancy, Melissa and Darrel though. On Saturday, Darrel persuaded me to get out of bed at a reasonable time and go take some photos. So glad I did as we headed for Blue Rocks. There was still plenty of ice in the water, but the sun was shining and the scenery was beautiful.

There was Darrel, myself and a chap called Victor. All was going wonderfully well until Victor slipped on some rocks and ended up in a pool of freezing cold water. After that we decided to call it a day and wind our way home. Poor Victor must have been so uncomfortably cold and wet all the way...Thank god it wasn't me!


The Red House

Ise Fishing


Stonehurst Cove

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template