Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weather and Not Much Else

Boy oh boy, this week has been boring. I don't really have any news for you sadly.

The weather has been weird, we had a load of snow this week on Thursday night, it started as I left work and went right through till the small hours, the snow was blowing all over the place, and you would would be forgiven for thinking we would be digging ourselves out in the morning, but no. It turned to rain before the sun came up and the temperature soared to a very pleasant 8 degrees. I say pleasant, as with the wind chill this week we have been down to minus 15 on some days. So the snow came and went very quickly.

I am off work on Monday as I have my long awaited appointment for my sonogram to find out about my ankles. I took the day off as I have some other errands to run and need to see my doctor as well for a repeat prescription. Such a faffing annoying system here compared to the UK. You can't just get a repeat prescription as far as I can tell you have to see the doctor every time which is a pain in the arse.

Rob and I bought an Acer Aspire One netbook this week. I wanted one so it's an early birthday present. I love it, it's just right for watching Netflix of a lunchtime! I do hope to use in a practical capacity as well, hopefully for showing clients straight from camera images as and when some jobs come in for Cheryl, Deb and I.

Just a quick note on Dancing on Ice...I was so excited about the new series and as much as the skating was okay week one, please tell me why oh why did the producers of the show think it would be a good idea to put that idiot Louis Spence on the Panel, I just cannot bare to listen to him!


Snow Capped Peggy's


Shaw's Landing

The Snow Cove

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template