Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Kitty

So I made a decision about getting the kitten! It didn't take me too long at all. I said yes by Tuesday and had all the arrangements in place by Wednesday.

Now conisdering last Monday was a bank holiday and I only had 4 days to work to get through before the weekend rolled around and I could pick him up, those 4 days seemed like an eternity. Every day this week dragged and all I could think about was the cat.

Finally Saturday and off Rob and I went to get him. The ladies at the Fisherman's life museum had kept in the house so we didn't have to hunt him down. I think they were secretly sad to see the little fella go. We chatted with them for a while and I cuddled him, he was/is so adorable. Finally we said our goodbyes and put him in the car. We left the carrier door open to see how he would take to being in the car and he loved it, good as gold. Stayed mostly in the carrier and watched to the world go by.

We then headed striaght to a local vet I had booked and had all his jabs and blood test done. He passed with flying colours and didn't bat an eyelid. The vet herself was quite taken with him and how placid and well behaved he was. He has to have his boosters in about 3 weeks time.

By the time we were on the home straight to Dartmouth Shakespeare was happily sitting on my lap in the car. Then came the tricky bit...Introducing the young whipper snapper to my mature deaf cat Hamish. It didn't go well and hasn't gone well since, Shakespeare has been hissed at numerous times and been attacked twice, even though he has been respectctful and of Hamish's space, plus he is too scared to go anywhere near him. It's early days of course but for now Shakespeare is sleeping in the spare room at night and is supervised at all other times to keep him out of harms way.

Shakespear is litter trained and perfectly well behaved except for one thing. When we have food he launches himself like a rocket and dives pretty much head first into our plates. Something that will deifnitely have to be controlled. He is into everything and curls up under my chin to sleep. He sucks at whatever top I am wearing and truly thinks I am his mummy...lol

I don't have anymore photos yet, I haven't had time to get the camera out as yet, but I am off work tommorrow so I will try and get a few of him at his cutest.

In other news, just watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics. What an amazing show, incredible selection of music and what a superb spectacle. Loved it all. I actually preferred the closing ceremony to the opening one. Makes me proud to be a Brit! I think this past year has tuly been amazing for Britain, with the Royal Wedding, the Jubilee and the Olympics. No one does pomp and celebration like the Brits. I think Rio will have a lot to live up to in 4 years time.

Finally Birthday wishes go out again this week to my Dad! Another year older, but still none the wiser :o)))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template