Sunday, July 13, 2014

It's Been a Hot One!

Yes indeed, this week has been pretty hot and humid, not that I am complaining after all the crappy weather of late. The work week seemed never ending as we only had the 4 days last week.

Wednesday night I went out with a few people from work to play pool...Something I haven't done in a long time now, but it was good fun, even if my game needs some work!

Apart form that it's been a pretty lazy week, the heat has had Rob and I dropping off to sleep in our chairs in the evenings.

Saturday Rachael and I decided to go out to take some photos, the original plan was to take a massively long drive to find some more abandoned places, but it was so damn hot and we were late getting started we decided to scrap the idea and headed to Shubenacadie Wildlife Park instead. I personally haven't visited the park since 2010 so it was nice wandering around there again, but I do so hate the non photo friendly fences and cages. After a few hours we were back home having a nice cup of tea and after Rachael left I promptly fell asleep on the sofa for 4 hours!

Today Robert and I went swimming...at a new place! Bell Lake is only 4 km from our house, and is home to the Abenaki Aquatic Club. Membership is required but you can buy a day pass for $10, the fee allows you to swim all day and borrow canoes and kayaks to take out on the lake. Beautiful place so relaxing, spent the entire afternoon there. Will definitely be going back there again!

A Beautiful afternoon at Bell Lake

Blue Eared Pheasant

In the Long Grass

The Dreamer...Gotta love that little tongue hanging out


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template