Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Job Front Update

Thought I would post a quick update on the job situation. Yesterday I met with the manager of The Printing House. I can tell you right off the bat that I wasn't keen.

There were many reasons for feeling this way and it's way too long winded to go into here, but I could absolutely tell that her way and her style of management is not something that I want to be a part of, at interviews they say first impressions count, well that works both ways and she didn't make a good impression on me. I am pretty much sure that any of you reading this, had you been there you would get why I am saying this.

And so this morning I headed off to Wade, I guess a part of me was expecting the same thing as yesterday, but not so, I was welcomed, and had a chat with Arthur and some of the others before having my interview upstairs with Hamet and Craig, it was upbeat, friendly and frank. I have no experience in some of the aspects of the job, but hope to learn, they liked the fact that I had loads of experience in different fields and can cross over into other areas of the operation.

I was offered the job and start there on Thursday. My hours are 8 am to 5 pm Mon-Fri, so that means a bit more money coming in. Exciting and nerve racking, but good.

Once again I have no clue if this will work out, if I will like it once I start, but it has given me a boost of confidence knowing that I can go out and get another job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template