Saturday, September 4, 2010

Earl Came and Went!

So Hurricane Earl came and went today. Just to let you know that we made it through the day without incident. The winds were quite something, but as far as I know there was only one death, some poor chap drowned trying to secure his boat. The wind and rain definitely cooled the air down, but not enough for my liking the house is still hot and humid, no thanks to keeping the windows shut for most of the day! I think in total the storm passed through in about about 6 hours. before moving on to New Brunswick and P.E.I. We had some minor power outages during the day, but other than that, we were pretty much problem free. However I do know that many homes are still without power. I believe there is still some debate as to whether Earl was a Hurricane 1 or a tropical storm when it arrived. You can see what damage was caused in the downtown area in the video clip below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template