Sunday, July 25, 2010

Photo Walk

As I mentioned earlier in the week, Rob and I participated in the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk in down town Halifax. Nancy picked us up and we met up with a few other familiar faces from the camera club as well as new faces along for the experience.

I really wasn't sure what to expect from the event or what I would find along the way to capture my imagination, but I need not have worried, there was plenty going on. We started in the Brewery Market which was extremely busy and way too hot for my liking, and ended up on Spring Garden Road, which is a very lively and vibrant part of the city. It was also the location of the Gay Pride Parade, which started at around 1 pm.

Gay Pride was a whole new experience for myself and Rob, it made for some interesting and colourful photos and it had a wonderful atmosphere. It definitely had a carnival vibe and I especially liked the way the Police actively took part and got involved, this is something that I imagine differs from the UK.



An Audience with Churchill


Peacock Man!



Rob relaxing whilst I was off photographing a fountain


Some of my other shots from the parade

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ's Nova Scotia Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template